Mom's wisdom

"Here's the thing about life. You've got to find those fun things to have about life. This is not necessarily fun.
But you've got to find something fun." - Mom, on June 22, 2012.

Friday, February 17

Friday in the ICU

Mom did well for her first night in the ICU. She has her own room, and there's a sliding glass door to shut out some of the usual ICU commotion. She was able to sleep fairly well, waking up occasionally in need of water. I stayed beside her in a chair, and it seemed to me that they bothered her less in the ICU than they did on the regular floor.

As the nurse says, "she has her wits about her," but her ability to recall words and dates is not great at the moment. She can lift her arms and legs, which is fantastic. Without a doubt, Mom is an extremely tough lady to have made it through the last 24 hours, and we're so proud of her for being a fighter.

Mom will stay in the ICU today, and visitation is immediate family only to keep her as healthy as possible. We'll keep updating the blog and Facebook, and everyone is welcome to contact us anytime. Once she moves to a regular room, we'll let everyone know.

6 comments:

Mary Hadley said...

Thanks so much for keeping this blog updated for all of us that are praying for and loving her from a distance. I am working with her classes today. The students are creating some awesome tribute videos that we will post soon. I know Judy will enjoy viewing them.

Anonymous said...

All my love to Judy,Ken, and the girls. Anxiously awaiting permission to come see ya'll in Texas. Much love and prayers in NC - sent your way.

Ricky and Erin

Doug said...

Glad to see the recovery is starting out on the right foot. Very encouraging. Judy is in Marlene's and my thoughts every day. I talked to Charles last night and he and Macklin can't wait to see her.

Larry and Wanda said...

Like that part about her wits. She always does have them about her!

Anonymous said...

OK, so I talked to God and He said loud and clear, 'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'. I believe HIM!

Rachel Peel said...

I had Mrs. Worrell when I was in middle school in the early 90s now I am so honored to be working with her a NRMS. She and her family have been in my thoughts and prayers over the last week. We love and miss you and hope to hear form you soon.